Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Cycling computers with map

Note for myself: Cycling computers with map functionalities


My workflow

1. Draw a route. e.g. Strava paid option, Google map & "Map to GPX", Komoot, Bikemap, etc, etc

2. Import the GPX map into the cycling computer


I don't ask the cycling computer for the navigation capability, or to suggest a route by itself.

I just want to display the "Breadcrumb" route on a reasonably visible map.


I ignore the major manufacturers, since they're so well known, their reviews & info are easily round.

1. Garmin

2. Wahoo Elemnt, Elemnt roam, Elemnt roam v2, volt, volt v2

3. Hammerhead Karoo 1, 2, 3


I also ignore the ones where only the breadcrumb trail is shown without the map .

e.g.




Igpsports

iGS800

iGS630S

iGS630

iGS620




Bryton

Rider 800

Rider 750SE

Rider S500



Magene

C606


Lezyne




ROX 12.1 Evo



No comments:

Post a Comment