Sunday, April 4, 2010

Airshows

Last year I was fortunate enough to come across a birthday flypass for the Queen by RAF by sheer luck. I was on the way back from jogging, and then I heard a roar of engines, distinctively different from that of commercial jets. As I turned around, there they were - numerous military jets came in numbers in formation after the other.

Since I am a military jet enthusiast, I am determined not to miss this year's one too. I went back to my old Japanese blog and re-visited the BBC coverage of this event.






It was 13th of June last year, and the corresponding day will be Sunday this year in 2010. Perhaps I should visit the Buckingham palace to get a better view of this flypast, and also to accumulate the tales to tell to others in the future.

On a similar note, I should paste the details of airshows I plan to visit this year - Royal International Air Tattoo in Swindon and the other in Farnborough.

Farnborough - 24th&25th July - £25
http://www.farnborough.com/Site/Content/Farnborough2010/default.aspx

Swindon - 17th&18th July - £37.50
http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow

Swindon and Farnborough map

No comments:

Post a Comment